Personal Injury Lawyer in Doral, FL
People are injured in road accidents in Doral, Florida on a daily basis. It has been estimated by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) that 29 million people visit emergency rooms across the U.S. annually for treatment for accident injuries. This is based on research that was conducted in 2016.
Traffic accidents and personal injury can take various forms. For instance, personal injuries may be caused by a car wreck or car accident, a work injury, a pedestrian accident, a slip and fall accident, a motorcycle mishap, and more. When these accidents occur due to another party’s negligence, the victim is usually entitled to settlement for losses incurred. These losses generally include compensation for :
- Lost income
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of earning capacity
The compensation that is awarded is used to help make the injured victim whole again since the victim would likely have not been hospitalized, spent time away from work, or needed medical treatment if the other party exercised a basic duty of care.
It can be difficult to know when your case requires the help and guidance of a lawyer because compensation and insurance laws are notoriously complex. However, you should discuss your legal rights and options with us if you suffered injuries in a vehicle or any other type of accident. Our Doral personal injury attorneys will provide you with effective legal representation. Call us today at 305-928-2909 to schedule a free consultation.
What Type of Accidents Can Claims Arise from?
- Car accidents – Car accidents top the list of personal injury causes and are often the result of distracted driving, defective cars, road hazards, and other related factors. Auto accidents can cause serious injuries such as broken bones, whiplash, and even death. You can pursue compensation if the accident was caused by a negligent driver. Our car accident lawyers will ensure that the responsible party is held liable for their actions and that you’re awarded the financial award you deserve. We will also take the pressure off of you in terms of having to pursue a case on your own in order to enable you to recover fully from injuries sustained.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Statistics by the National Institute of Health show that a pedestrian in the U.S. is injured every eight minutes. Most of the time, pedestrians lack protection from injuries when they’re hit by a vehicle. This makes them vulnerable to serious injuries such as neck and back injuries.
- Boating Accidents – According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, Florida is home to over 931,000 registered boats. Boating is a popular activity in Doral, but boating is often associated with drunk driving, distracted driving, and accidents caused by operators who are inexperienced. If you suffered injuries because of a negligent or intoxicated boater, get in touch with our personal injury attorneys to discuss your case.
Common Types of Injuries
The value of a lawsuit depends on the severity of the injuries sustained, the medical treatment required to address them, and the permanence of the injuries. Our lawyers represent victims with the following injuries:
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Internal bleeding or organ injuries
What is PIP and How Does It Work?
Personal injury protection/personal insurance protection (PIP) coverage is a mandatory type of auto insurance in Florida and is sometimes referred to as no-fault coverage. This is because PIP insurance doesn’t take into account the person responsible for the crash when deciding which damages to cover. This personal injury protection coverage covers lost wages and medical expenses of up to $10,000 after a car crash.
This type of insurance coverage is mandatory in Florida as it expedites compensation for personal injury cases, especially for accidents involving vehicles. Individuals are required to pay for insurance premiums to cover their personal injury expenses in order to make the process of seeking compensation less complicated. However, things don’t always work smoothly as insurance companies try to avoid paying even the most legitimate of damage claims.
This is where PIP lawsuits come in. If the insurance company denies your valid PIP claim, it will assume there’s nothing that can be done. However, our personal injury lawyers will fight for your personal injury protection claim. Call us to help you recover the damages and losses that you legally deserve.
Contact Our Doral Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you’ve sustained personal injuries in an accident within Doral, call our lawyers at 305-928-2909 for a free professional review of your case. Our expert lawyers leverage their vast experience to seek the maximum compensation that you are entitled to, so do not delay and call today.