Fatal Car Accident Lawyer in Coral Gables, FL
An abrupt car accident can forever alter your life in different ways. Due to your injuries, you may need to stop engaging in your daily activities such as going to work. Fatal car crashes, since they result in death, can leave you without the support of a breadwinner and the companionship of a loved one.
According to a report released by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV), a total of 402,385 collisions occurred throughout the state in 2017. These crashes resulted in 3,116 fatalities and over 250,000 injuries, roughly 20,000 of which were incapacitating or permanent injuries.
If you were injured in a fatal car accident in Coral Gables, get in touch with our lawyers today. We’ll enforce your legal rights and bring your claim to trial before a judge if a fair compensation offer isn’t arrived at before we take your case to court.
Financial Compensation For Fatal Car Accident Victims
Victims are entitled to recover compensation for the injuries and damages they suffer in a vehicle accident that was caused by a negligent third-party. Damages include financial settlement for medical costs (past and future) to cover hospitalization, diagnostic tests, emergency room care, and other related medical expenses such as surgery and physical therapy. Other damages that may be awarded include compensation for:
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of earning capacity
- Emotional distress
Our legal team is comprised of skilled legal professionals who understand the life challenges and legal hurdles that accident victims experience.
What to Expect from Our Fatal Car Accident Lawyers in Coral Gables
Your well-being and best interests are at the forefront of your claim for maximum compensation. We will:
- Gather accident-related evidence to support your claim for physical and property damage.
- Analyze all insurance policies that apply to your case to seek compensation for property damage, your injuries, lost income, and more.
- Stay in touch with you as your case progresses.
- Compile a report on all of the medical expenses, records, and tests that show how the accident has affected your life.
- Prepare a demand for settlement that highlights all the factors above in order to maximize your compensation.
Fatal Car Accident Injuries
Common severe injuries you can sustain from car crashes that involve the death of a driver or passenger can include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs) – TBIs are categorized as mild, moderate, or severe. Victims often must undergo extensive therapy and endure long hospital stays. TBIs can affect emotion, thinking, language skills, and sensation.
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCIs) – Car accidents are the leading cause of SCIs according to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center. Moreover, associated lifetime medical expenses such as repeated hospital stays cost a lot of money.
- Internal Injuries – These injuries include broken ribs, internal bleeding, and punctured lungs. They’re dangerous because they’re not immediately visible and generally do not exhibit any obvious symptoms. Thus, diagnostic tests should be carried out to treat these life-threatening injuries.
- Soft Tissue Injuries – Soft tissue tears, strains, and sprains can occur in the knees, neck, shoulders, back, and other body parts. These injuries are painful and can cause permanent disability. They may also require surgery and extensive physical therapy.
Common Causes of Fatal Car Accidents in Coral Gables
Fatal car crashes can involve any of the following:
- Multiple Cars – Accidents involving many cars can be devastating. Such accidents often record a high number of deaths as well as severe injuries to surviving victims.
- Crossover Collisions – When a motorist crosses over into the lanes of oncoming vehicles, fatal head-on collisions can occur. These crashes often cause life-changing injuries and are caused by road hazards, distracted/drunk driving, and more.
- Defective Car Parts – A sudden car malfunction because of a defective auto part can cause a motorist to lose control and collide with nearby objects or vehicles. This can lead to a fatal accident since the driver will likely have little time to react.
Talk to a Coral Gables Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Today to Review Your Case
To seek compensation and damages for the death of a loved one or for injuries sustained in a fatal car accident, speak to us today at 305-928-2909. We’ll walk you through your legal options, discuss the best way to file a claim, and work with you until your case is resolved. Call now for immediate help and access to Coral Gables’ local legal experts.