Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fort Lauderdale has a unique mix of families, retirees, tourists, and children. With a growing population, the problem of increased foot traffic along the side of public roadways has led to a spike in pedestrian accidents. In fact, a report on Dangerous by Design ranks Fort Lauderdale as the 11th most dangerous metro area for pedestrians.
Fortunately, our pedestrian accident lawyers are here to help you get the justice you deserve in the event of a pedestrian accident caused by a careless motorist.
Areas of Pedestrian Accidents We Handle
Our lawyers are familiar with the many different factors that can lead to pedestrian accidents. There are many causes of pedestrian accidents that we offer representation for, including:
- Distracted driving
- Densely populated streets
- Motorist’s failure to signal when turning
- A motorist’s failure to yield way in crosswalks for pedestrians
- Disregard of weather conditions
- Disobeying traffic signs or signals
- Driving under the influence/drunk driving
- Parking lot pedestrian accidents
- Left/right turn pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Uber or Lyft and other ridesharing accidents
Drivers responsible for pedestrian accidents are liable for damages but in most cases, their insurers will be required to pay your claims. Insurance companies strive to cut costs by all means and have skilled adjusters and lawyers who are tasked with mitigating compensation and damage payouts. It is recommended that you do not accept any offers by the at-fault driver’s insurance company as most of these offers will be aimed at exploiting you. Instead, contact our team of pedestrian accident lawyers to handle legal and financial negotiations on your behalf. If the responsible insurance company fails to offer you a fair compensation amount, our lawyers will not hesitate to file a lawsuit in a civil court. We will seek maximum compensation for:
- Medical bills resulting from the accident – current and long-term
- Pedestrian’s damaged property
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of income
- Reduced ability to earn
- Deprived chances for the enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral or burial bills
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries
After a pedestrian accident, you should contact the police, an experienced lawyer, and seek medical attention, even if you feel no pain in the immediate aftermath of the accident. Unattended injuries can worsen over time. Your medical record will provide a sound basis for filing for damages. Irrespective of the injuries sustained, we will bring the responsible parties to task and fight for the maximum settlement amount that you are legally allowed to file for. Some common pedestrian injuries our lawyers represent clients for are:
- Damaged organs
- Internal bleeding
- Head injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Total or partial paralysis
- Amputations/loss of limbs
- Memory loss
- Severe cuts or bruises
- Spinal cord injury
- Muscle strain or sprain
- Fractured Bones
- Back injury
- Quadriplegia, tetraplegia, or paraplegia
These injuries require long-term medical care. Without experienced representation, the settlement you get on your own might not be sufficient to cover all current and future medical bills.
Important Steps to Take After a Pedestrian Accident
After sustaining injuries in an accident, it can be extremely difficult to remain calm and follow recommended protocols. However, it is important that you remain composed and take the steps outlined below to ensure you can file for restitution later when required.
- Note the color, model, and plate number of the responsible vehicle. If the car stops, you can collect insurance details from the driver.
- Take notes on the area in which the accident occurred, such as whether there is a crosswalk, traffic signs or lights, what the speed limit is, and so on.
- Reach out to the police and seek medical attention.
- Collect the personal contact information of witnesses who can verify your story.
- Contact our team of pedestrian accident attorneys in Fort Lauderdale.
- Be detailed and accurate in your testimony.
Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Are Waiting to Hear From You
Being struck by a negligent motorist is a tough experience. Pedestrians, by their very nature, tend to suffer more in accidents than at-fault motorists do. The result of this is often fatalities, exorbitant medical bills, excessive pain, emotional trauma, or even the loss of a loved one. Do not suffer in silence! Our pedestrian accident lawyers will handle your case with professionalism, empathy, and in a personalized way so that you get the most out of your unique situation.
We offer representation on a contingency-based approach. What this means is that you do not need to pay anything until we win your case for you and get you the compensation you deserve. Start now by calling us at 305-928-2909, or by filling out your accident details. We will schedule a free consultation for you to discuss your legal options and take things from there.