Personal Injury Lawyer in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Florida suffers an alarming number of car accidents due to distracted driving. In 2017,more than 5,400 auto accidents were reported in Fort Lauderdale alone, with 2,100 of these accidents resulting in injuries and 26 resulting in death, according to Florida’s Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
After sustaining injuries in a crash, you may not be sure of what your legal rights are or how to move forward. You may be worried about how you’ll pay your medical expenses. The injuries you sustain can alter your life and place a great deal of physical, emotional, and financial stress on you or your loved ones.
You should take legal action and pursue compensation in order to help you cover medical bills and other damages. If you’ve suffered injuries in a car crash, consult our expert personal injury lawyers in Fort Lauderdale to handle your case. We will help you build a strong claim to present to a jury, judge, or insurers in order to seek the maximum legal amount in compensation that you are entitled to.
How to Maximize Fair Compensation
Irrespective of where you sustained injuries, our skilled lawyers will evaluate the situation to determine what you’re entitled to under the rule of the law. There is usually a lot that is involved in the entire process, and your insurer will likely try to minimize their damages. Settlement will likely be pursued for:
- Medical bills, including present and future expenses
- Permanent or long-term disability costs
- Suffering and pain
- Estimated future losses in income or earnings
- Emotional damages
- Lost wages
What Are Personal Injuries?
In legal terms, personal injuries can be emotional, physical, or mental, and are inflicted by someone else via malicious or negligent actions. The legal options and consequences for the victim vary depending on the cause of the injury. In order for the at-fault party to be held liable for causing an injury to another person, the following must hold true:
- The injuries you sustained led to monetary damages
- The at-fault party failed to act responsibly
- You were injured due to the other party’s negligence
Common Personal Injuries
Get in touch with a legal representative to help you understand the legal intricacies of your specific case as well as all of your legal rights. Our Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers will help you handle whatever personal injuries you sustained, including all of the injury types listed below:
- Fatal Car Accidents – You’re likely to be partially covered by the at-fault insurer or your insurance company if you were involved in a car accident. However, insurance companies may try to limit your compensation, hence the financial impact of the accident may not be covered by an insurance claim.
- Assault – If you were assaulted by someone else and sustained injuries, the individual responsible might face penalties and criminal charges. You can file a lawsuit against the at-fault party and recover damages to assist you with medical bills as well as any physical or emotional pain you may have suffered as a result of the attack.
- Medical Malpractice – Lawsuits involving medical malpractice cover various situations. It’s important to speak with your lawyer to discuss your specifics since a medical insurance company will only provide, at best, the minimum coverage to protect their bottom line. However, a lawyer who is knowledgeable about medical malpractice will work to ensure that you’re fully compensated.
- Dog Attacks – Pet owners are usually responsible for their pets’ actions nearly in all cases. If you’ve suffered injuries as a result of being attacked by a dog, our legal team will discuss your legal rights, evaluate your injuries and the circumstances that led to the attack, and help you file a personal injury lawsuit.
How Much Is Your Personal Injury Lawsuit Worth?
There are many factors that determine the compensation you may receive. The at-fault party may opt to settle the matter out of court or dispute the case via legal channels until a final ruling is made by a judge. You should work with a personal injury lawyer to determine the avenue that suits your situation best. Below are some of the factors that determine the amount you should seek compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Punitive damages
- Property loss or damage
- Suffering and pain
- Physical pain
- Emotional pain
How Will a Personal Injury Lawyer Help You?
If you believe that the at-fault party owes you financial compensation for the injuries you sustained, you’ll either have to work towards judgment or settlement. The process can be complicated if you choose to work with a corporate lawyer or an insurance company.
A personal injury lawyer will help you with professional representation, paperwork, and ensure you’re in good hands every step of the way. Contact our team of expert legal professionals at 305-928-2909 to learn about your legal options and to file a claim for damages.