Witness Observes a Hit and Run Acccident

According to WSVN, Miami-Dade Police are investigating a traffic collision that claimed the life of a woman Saturday morning. Authorities said the incident took place on Northwest 79th Street and 12th Avenue in Northwest Miami-Dade.

According to a witness, the unidentified victim was crossing the street from a gas station when a speeding car clipped her and then took off. “I saw her try to cross the street, and I heard a ‘boom,'” said Yrvens Soulouque. “After that, someone just come with me, tell me to call 911.”

Soulouque said he knew the victim. “She never bothered nobody; she was a good woman,” he said. “Whoever hit her, turn yourself in.”

Witnesses said the motorist who allegedly struck the woman was driving a black car. Police continue to investigate.

The penalties for leaving the scene of an accident in the State of Florida are serious. According to Florida Statute 316.027, if you are ever involved in an accident, and there are personal injuries, or even a fatality, you must immediately stop the vehicle at the scene of the crash, or as close to it as is possible. If you are involved in such an accident, then you must remain at the scene of the crash until you have been released by law enforcement. Never be tempted to leave the scene of an accident and never sign any statement or settlement with an insurance company until you have competent legal representation in your corner. Leaving the scene of an accident can result in up to 30 years in prison for the charge of first-degree felony if there is a fatality or injuries and you are convicted of the charge.

If you or a loved one have been the victim of a hit and run accident, call our offices as soon as possible. We can get your civil case started for you once you’ve seen a doctor. Our attorneys will take the time to sit down with you and discuss your case. Most importantly, we have years of experience in the Miami-Dade area and have successfully argued accident cases in the Florida courts. Call us now so that that you can get the compensation and peace of mind that you and your family deserve.