Miami Driver Crashes Into Local Car Wash
Earlier this week, a white Nissan Maxima was found speeding in Miami Gardens—right before crashing through the from fence of a popular South Florida car wash, flying through the air, and slamming into the side of the company’s building. As per a recording of the incident by a nearby surveillance camera, the accident happened just before 1 a.m., and afterwards, the vehicle immediately filled with smoke. Though the cause of the accident is still unknown, what is known is that the driver—whose name has yet to be released to the public—was airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital. According to witnesses of the accident, it was a miracle the driver was able to climb out of the car window, after the crash, to begin with.
Car accidents are some of the most dangerous accidents around. Aside from the fact that they can cause serious injury or death, automobile accidents can also be incredibly aggravating. Each year, there are around six million car accidents throughout the United States—causing more than 34,000 deaths, and causing a new victim to be injured every fourteen seconds.
Chances are, at some point in your lifetime, you will be in a car accident. Here are six points to remember, should a car accident happen to you:
1. Make sure that you, and everyone in your vehicle, is alright.
2. Regardless how serious the accident seems at first, call the police.
3. Before leaving the scene of the accident, make sure you have the insurance and contact information of the opposing party. Likewise, it is important that you also have the phone numbers of any witnesses who may be able to speak on your behalf.
4. If possible, take a photo of all vehicles involved in the accident before you leave the scene. Even if all you have is a camera phone, taking a picture could help add validity to your case.
5. Don’t sign anything related to the accident without speaking with a qualified personal injury attorney.
6. Speak with your attorney before making any statements to the other party’s insurance agent.
In any case, it is imperative that you hire a qualified legal team to give you the best possible outcome for your case. By doing so, you can ensure that you have someone there to explain the complex legal details of your case, argue on your behalf, and most importantly, get you the compensation you deserve.