Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer in Miami, FL
You can use ridesharing apps such as Uber and Lyft to hail a ride with your phone or earn quick cash as a driver in your spare time. Technology moves us forward, but one thing that stays the same is that accidents can and do happen all the time. Whether you’re a passenger, driver, pedestrian, or another driver involved in an Uber or Lyft accident, you will need an Uber & Lyft accident lawyer to guide you through the intricacies of the law after your accident.
A car accident can be difficult to deal with, and it’s much trickier with a relatively new industry such as ridesharing. Insurance companies and even the government of Florida are still catching up to this new technology and the services it has created and they regularly revise and update their laws and policies for ridesharing coverage. This is why you should have a professional Uber & Lyft accident lawyer to help you handle your case. Not only will you be taken seriously by insurance companies, but your lawyer can help you with your valid claim to get the full and fair compensation you deserve and make the process hassle-free.
What You Should Do and How We Can Help
Suffering a car accident can be a stressful experience. You have to worry about medical bills and/or repair fees, not to mention lost time at work and work absences that can accumulate while you deal with the situation. It is important to know what you should do in the event you of a ridesharing accident to get the compensation you deserve. While consulting an Uber & Lyft accident lawyer is the first step, there are other important things you should remember to do.
- Contact a trusted Uber & Lyft accident lawyer – As mentioned above, the first thing you should do is to call a trusted lawyer. A serious situation such as a car accident can become very complicated very quickly. You may feel lost as to what needs to be done, or you may be misinformed about important legal or insurance details. Do not do anything until you have consulted a lawyer. Consult with an Uber & Lyft accident lawyer who will guide you through the entire filing and insurance process.
- Know Uber’s and Lyft’s insurance coverage – Their insurance coverages depend on a number of things. Their policies change depending on if you’re the driver, the passenger, a pedestrian, or another vehicle driver involved in the accident. Review these policies with your lawyer to know which one applies to you.
- Make sure you get the details right – Accidents can make our memories hazy, but it is important to get the details right. Ridesharing apps will have logged ride-specific information for you, such as whether the driver was online and en route to a passenger, with the passenger, or not yet hired. These details are crucial for your claim as insurance policies can change depending on this information.
- Collect proper documentation – Proper documentation from all authorities involved such as the police and medical professionals will really help support your claim.
If you need help understanding insurance policies and collecting accident details and other relevant documentation, an Uber & Lyft accident lawyer will help you with your case.
Why You Need an Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer
Because of the technology involved, an Uber or Lyft accident is not like a usual car accident. You should have a professional lawyer who specializes in dealing with this type of situation. Here are some of the reasons you need an Uber & Lyft accident lawyer to fight your case:
- Ridesharing accidents are relatively new – Ridesharing services and apps present relatively new and uncharted territory for most lawyers. Policies and laws continue to change, and you need a lawyer who is well-versed and updated with these changes. In 2014, due to an unfortunate Uber accident involving a six-year-old, and Lyft’s first fatal car crash, both Uber and Lyft updated their insurance policies to cover between-ride accidents and accidents that occur when the app is on and being used by the driver without a passenger in the vehicle. Uber has new projects involving self-driving cars and flying taxis as well, so expect new updates to their policies in the future
- Different insurance policies apply to different situations – Insurance coverage and compensation depend on accident-specific factors. There is no need to feel confused or overwhelmed with these details. Your lawyer will help you figure out which policy covers your situation
- You need to be properly represented – Dealing with insurance companies can be an uphill battle, but if you are properly represented with a competent and experienced Uber & Lyft accident lawyer, you can go through the process much more easily. Your lawyer will help you gather proof and documentation and they will face insurance and rideshare representatives on your behalf
What to Expect as a Victim of an Uber or Lyft Accident
Your Uber & Lyft accident lawyer will help you sort through the data involving your accident to figure out your rightful financial compensation. Ridesharing insurance policies generally cover at least $25,000 in property damage and $50,000 for death and bodily injury compensation per passenger or person involved when the driver is logged into the app. This amount can go as high as $1 million if the driver was transporting a passenger. Hire an Uber & Lyft accident lawyer to know the exact and rightful compensation to which you are entitled.
Even if a driver involved in an accident is a rideshare driver, if they are not logged in on the app during the accident, then things will become more complicated and you might have to deal with his or her personal car insurance provider instead. As always, work with your lawyer to figure things out and to make sure you are properly compensated.
Talk to Us – Consultation is Free
To learn more about our services, the compensation you should file a claim for, and how to manage your case, talk to our lawyers about your accident by calling 305-928-2909. There are no upfront fees for this service, and our expert Uber & Lyft accident lawyers will review the details of your case and can file a case for you today.