Truck Accident Lawyer In Port St. Lucie, FL
With over 11 million trucks operating actively across the US, statistics from the FDOT show that thousands of truck accidents happen each year. 90% of these accidents result from human errors or acts of negligence, and according to a recent study by Harvard University, a quarter of truck drivers regularly fall asleep behind the wheel due to fatigue. With our ever-busy highways, it only takes an overworked or fatigued truck driver to cause an accident that will have serious life repercussions for not just the driver but for other road users as well.
If you or a loved one were involved in a truck accident, it is crucial that you seek the services of a skilled lawyer as soon as possible. This is because trucking companies and insurance carriers have a network of skilled legal experts, insurance adjustors, and other professionals that they employ to mitigate liability. Our truck accident lawyers in Port St. Lucie, FL will protect your best interests and file your claim to ensure you get the compensation you deserve for all damages incurred.
How Truck Accidents Differ From Car Accidents
- Larger insurance policies – Truck insurance policies are up to 50 times those of ordinary car insurance policies. As a result, trucking companies and their insurance carriers will do all they can to minimize liability.
- More property damage and serious injuries – The average truck is over 20 times heavier than conventional vehicles and they can cause more serious accidents and more property damage than automobiles.
- Fatalities – Motorists are more likely to die from truck accidents than from ordinary car crashes. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration reports an average of 3000 to 5000 deaths from truck accidents each year.
Who Can be Held Responsible for a Truck Accident?
The trucking industry has many players, and each of these can be held liable for damages, including:
- The truck driver
- The truck owner
- A trucking company
- A company that leases the truck or trailer
- A shipper
- Manufacturers of the truck, trailer, or parts
Proving Negligence in Truck Accidents
To win your truck accident claim, our lawyers will establish that:
- The truck driver or other players owed you and other road users a duty of care.
- The truck driver or responsible players breached that duty of care.
- As a result of the breach of care, an accident occurred.
- You suffered substantial injuries or losses from the resultant crash.
Negligence may be proved on the basis of:
- Intoxicated driving
- Driver error
- Driver inexperience
- A poorly maintained truck
- Equipment failure
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Disregard of traffic rules
Truck Accident Injuries We Cover
Since trucks weigh 20 to 30 times more than an ordinary car, the impact and consequences of truck accidents are extremely severe. Injuries commonly associated with truck accidents include:
- Bone breaks or fractures
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Soft tissue injuries
- Severe cuts
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries
- Safety belt injuries
- Rib and torso injuries
- Back, neck, and shoulder injuries
Determining Compensation in a Truck Accident
Similar to any personal injury claim, a truck accident victim is entitled to both economic and non-economic damages. Compensation is usually calculated in monetary terms and covers:
- All medical expenses resulting from the accident
- Lost income and wages
- Reduced capacity to earn
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium/companionship
- Property damages – Motor vehicle repair or replacement
Truck Accident Punitive Damages
If the truck driver’s actions that led to the accident were willful, fraudulent, reckless, or malicious, punitive damages may apply. Our lawyers will help you pursue these damages with the intention of dissuading similar behavior in the future from others and punishing the offender.
Wrongful Death Claims on Truck Accidents
If you lost a loved one in a fatal truck accident, you can file a claim on their behalf and recover compensation for the losses incurred. Our lawyers will help you claim compensation for:
- Medical bills incurred before the passing of your loved one
- The deceased’s pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Lost family income
- Loss of service
- Loss of companionship
- A potential loss of inheritance
- Funeral and burial bills
Why Choose Us?
- Our lawyers have all the right legal resources required to tackle tough truck accident claims.
- Every lawyer on our team has a solid reputation and a track record of winning auto accident cases.
- Our lawyers are aggressive in handling insurance negotiations yet empathetic with our clients. They will see to it that you get the compensation you deserve.
- If an insurance carrier is not willing to give you a fair settlement, our attorneys will not hesitate to take the case to trial.
- Free case evaluation and consultations.
- Auto accidents are handled on a contingency basis. You pay nothing until your claim is won and a favorable settlement is reached.
- Available 24/7. If you cannot make it to our offices, we will commission a lawyer to the accident scene, the hospital, your home, or your workplace.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Team Today
Our lawyers are ready to help you evaluate your legal options. We offer customized representation that will meet your exact needs. Start by filling us in on your accident details or call us at 305-928-2909 for a free claim evaluation. Call now.