GEICO Car Accident Claims Injury Lawyer In Miami
It is mandatory for all cars on the road to have auto insurance coverage. The high accident rate in the United States places much more importance on being covered whenever you get behind the wheel.
Hit-and-run deaths hit a record high, according to a study by the American Automobile Association (AAA), with over 682,000 accidents having been reported on US roadways every year since 2006. Although auto accidents may or may not cause injuries or property damage, it is never easy to identify the responsible party, file a claim against them, and win a case all in one go. Many insurance providers, including GEICO, work to minimize compensation when severe injuries or damages are involved. This can be devastating to the victims since, as highlighted by the US Department of Transportation’s 2016 fatal traffic crash report, most of the people killed in accidents – motorcyclists and pedestrians account for 65% of accident deaths – are often innocent and may not have recourse to the finances needed to get their lives back on track after an accident that wasn’t even their fault.
If you or your loved has been involved in a car crash and GEICO is one of the insurers involved in your claim, contact our GEICO insurance attorneys at
Suffered injuries in a car crash that involves coverage from GEICO? Schedule a free consultation with our GEICO insurance experts to discuss the next steps, how to maximize your settlement, how to collect evidence, and how to handle insurance agents. Call now at 305-853-9171
for immediate representation at no up-front cost. Our experienced attorneys will see to it that the at-fault parties responsible for your damages are held liable and will work with insurance providers such as GEICO to obtain the full and fair compensation figure you truly deserve.
What Steps Should You Take After an Accident?
Whether you’re the at-fault motorist or the victim of a car crash, you should do the following:
- Check if you suffered any injuries, including the types that may only show up several days after the accident, such as back injuries.
- Note important information concerning the accident, such as the names of potential witnesses and other motorists involved in or at the scene of the accident.
- Avoid giving your opinion to anyone about the accident except your lawyer and provide paperwork when asked for it without discussing the crash itself.
- Ensure you have a police report even if the crash was minor.
- Immediately inform your insurance company about the accident.
- Avoid signing any legal documents unless they are for the police.
Personal Injury Lawsuits in Florida
Depending on your situation, a lawyer can help you recover additional compensation through a personal injury claim. Car accident victims that have over $10,000 in lost wages and medical costs can sue the motorist liable for damages that are not covered by their policy. In such cases, you can recover payment for lost wages, past and future medical costs, and lost earning potential.
Under Florida law, you can also use a personal injury claim to obtain additional compensation if you’ve sustained serious injuries such as disability, disfigurement, or the death of a loved one. You can also seek damages for intangible losses such as suffering and pain.
What Information Do You Need to File a Lawsuit with GEICO?
To file a thorough and complete claim, use the company’s app to contact them and to provide them with the following details:
- Personal information such as your address, name, and phone number
- Contact information, addresses, and the names of all passengers, witnesses, and other drivers or passengers involved in the crash
- Policy number, company name, and phone number of other insurance companies representing the various parties involved in the crash
- Police report number and the name of the police officer who prepared it
- Pictures of all of the vehicles involved in the accident, as well as the scene of the accident itself
- Location, date, and time of the accident
- Description of the damage and injuries that the accident caused
How to Fight Geico When They Lower the Value of Your Case
Contact our GEICO injury lawyers in Miami to deal with issues regarding low and unfair payment settlements and for issues regarding lien payments. When it comes to medical care and health-related expenses, we will send a letter to the hospital in question, informing them that we are representing you and that they are not authorized to negotiate medical bills with anyone.
Any attempt by the hospital to negotiate its expenses after being issued a letter from our offices will expose the hospital or insurance provider to liability due to interference with a lawyer-client contract. A lawsuit can also be filed against GEICO if they interfere with this contract in any way.
Speak to Our Geico Insurance Experts Today
GEICO and other insurance companies use a host of tactics to minimize the value of victim claims. Hiring a skilled lawyer from our firm is the best way to handle such subversive tactics. Having a contract between a lawyer from our firm and you as a victim enables us to prevent insurance company interference with your case.
If you’ve been in a crash and GEICO is your insurance provider, call us now at 305-853-9171 for legal advice and to file a claim instead of fighting GEICO’s teams of insurance agents on your own. Our lawyers will guide you through the claims process and ensure you’re compensated fairly. Call now.