Miami Car Collision Lawyer
A car accident can happen at any time, and the causes of accidents are as diverse as the people and vehicles they involve. They are also very costly: the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) crash stats show that the cost of all vehicle crashes in the United States was over $240 billion in 2010, which is the latest year for which figures are available.
Statistics from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles’ 2017 report also paint a grim picture, with over 400,000 vehicle crashes reported in Florida that year. These accidents included fatal, drunk driving, incapacitating, motorcycle, and property-damage-only accidents. As Miami’s leading car accident attorney firm, we pride ourselves in providing our clients with thorough, personalized, and professional legal services for car accidents of every type, including:
- Drunk driving
- Poorly maintained roads
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck, Uber, Lyft, or other commercial accidents
- Motorcycle and bicycle accidents
Although some road accidents are more serious than others, you should always seek legal counsel after being involved in an accident. Doing so will help keep you safe in the event of a counter-claim made against you by other parties involved in the crash (even if you were not responsible for the crash) and in cases where injuries or property damage only become apparent days or weeks after the accident.
Damages that Can Be Recovered
Accidents not only lead to damage to your car but personal injury, time spent away from work, emotional trauma and distress, and long-term costs of rehabilitative care as well.
In seeking damages from the parties responsible for causing you harm in a Miami car collision, we will file for compensation for all of the following, as applicable:
- Car repair costs, including towing expenses and the cost of a rental while your car is being repaired
- Compensation for time spent away from work
- Repayment of projected income losses that result from an inability to earn what you used to earn after the accident
- The cost of surgery, medical tests, assistive medical devices, medicine, and doctor’s appointments
Perhaps the most challenging step of any damages claim is knowing how much to seek in damages. Having represented hundreds of clients in a wide range of accident cases, we can help you pinpoint the exact amount that you should seek. We will also include the expert testimony of accident reconstruction experts, medical professionals, and economic projection experts to accurately quantify how much you have lost as a result of the accident. This expert testimony will play a key role in helping us extract the payout you deserve from the parties responsible for your accident.
The Importance of Representation
Most, if not all of America’s major insurance companies have streamlined claims processes that are designed to help victims and negligent parties alike navigate the complex landscape of accident insurance. However, this is a double-edged sword; easy-to-use apps and thorough FAQs do make things easier when filing a claim for an accident that did not result in serious personal injury or in very limited property or vehicle damage. However, going the online claims route on your own can be detrimental to winning the settlement you rightfully deserve in cases that resulted in serious personal injury or long-term disability.
Furthermore, insurance companies will do all they can to limit how much they payout to you. They are known for employing underhanded strategies such as bullying, intimidation, delay tactics, and outright dismissal of even valid claims in the hopes that the injured victim will give up and cease pursuing damages.
Having a seasoned attorney on your side will help you in the following ways:
- Your attorney will handle all paperwork filing and negotiations with insurance companies and healthcare services providers on your behalf.
- We know how to handle intimidation and delay tactics employed by insurers and will persistently follow up with your case with all parties involved.
- From the official police report on your accident and surveillance camera footage to eyewitness testimony and pictures of the accident scene, we will help you gather the evidence needed to support your case so you can focus on what matters most: making a full and speedy recovery.
- In addition to attorneys well versed in accident law, our legal panel also includes professionals from the fields of medicine and economics who will support the validity of your claim with expert testimony.
File a Claim Today
Our team of car accident attorneys has represented hundreds of innocent victims in negligence and other car accident cases. Whatever situation you find yourself in, we can help. Call us today at 305-853-9171 to learn more about the claims process, which insurance policies likely apply to your case, what important filing deadlines are, and what the average settlement is for cases like yours. We are here to help, that too at no up-front charge. Pay nothing until you win. Call now.