Car Accident Lawyer in Homestead, FL
Tens of thousands of car accidents occur in Florida every year, with thousands of road fatalities adding to the costs and suffering of our road users. Anyone using public roadways runs the risk of being involved in an accident even if they take every conceivable precaution themselves because you can never fully control nor account for the actions of others. If you find yourself in such an unfortunate situation, you are rightfully entitled to compensation for physical and sometimes emotional damages you sustain at the hands of another party.
The high rate of accidents in Homestead, FL can be attributed to irresponsible drivers, drunk driving, texting while driving, distracted driving, tailgating, over-speeding, and road rage. Drivers are often unaware of the risks in which they put themselves and fellow road users while others are aware of the consequences but choose to ignore them, ultimately leading to accidents and sometimes death or permanent disability for the victims.
Liable Parties in a Car Accident
A number of different parties can be held liable in a car accident. These include:
- The driver of the car
- Employer of the car driver in case the driver caused the accident when he/she was working and driving
- Manufacturer of the car if the vehicle had defects that led to the accident
- The liquor distributor or seller that sold liquor to the driver if the driver was drunk driving
- The owner of the property where the accident occurred if inadequate upkeep or maintenance can be identified as a cause for the crash
Insurance Coverage from Which You Can Claim Compensation
Personal Injury Protection (PIP): PIP is insurance coverage that caters for many of the more basic damages of an accident. Florida laws require that every motor vehicle owner subscribes to this insurance cover. It provides a minimum of $10,000 coverage. The best part about PIP is that if the accident happens within Florida, then the benefits are not limited to only one person. It covers the insured, who is likely you as the vehicle owner. Whether the accident occurs when you are in your vehicle or another owned by someone else, your PIP insurance cover still applies, and you have a right to claim compensation. Passengers present in your car during the accident and pedestrians hit by the car are entitled to compensation as well. PIP also covers for damages by your relatives living in your house and other people who operate your car.
UM/UIM: If you are involved in an accident with an uninsured driver or one whose insurance coverage is not enough to cover personal injury damages, UM, which is Uninsured Motorist Coverage, or UIM, which is Underinsured Motorist Coverage, will provide you and your passengers benefits for bodily injury.
Why You Need A Professional Attorney on Your Side
The person at fault in a car accident can sometimes be easy to identify. In such cases, victims may choose to file lawsuits on their own without legal help. However, things do not always work out as expected because insurance companies or the defendant you are suing will have their own legal representation to reduce or entirely eliminate the compensation you are able to extract from them. Going headlong into a legal battle without a lawyer by your side may reduce your chances of getting full compensation.
Our Homestead, FL car accident lawyers will:
- Look for the evidence needed to prove that the other party was at fault and that you deserve compensation
- Identify and evaluate all the possible compensation types you can claim, depending on the severity of your injury and who is at fault to calculate the amount of compensation for which you are rightfully entitled
- Set up a private meeting with the liable parties, for instance, the insurance company, to negotiate a settlement
- If insurance meetings do not yield positive results, we can help you file a lawsuit, which in some instances, pushes the other party into accepting our proposed terms or agreeing to a more reasonable offer
- If the liable party does not agree to reasonable terms, we can help you litigate in a court of law
Going against a team of professionals without any legal knowledge or any lawyer by your side is not the wisest decision when fighting for a claim. Have a local Homestead, FL car accident expert look into your case.
No-Obligation Consultation and Contingency-Based Services
Call us today at 305-928-2909 to learn about your legal options and for help with navigating complex insurance policies, speaking with the police and healthcare service institutions, and filing your claim in court. Call now.