Car Accident Lawyer In Hialeah, FL
You can never really prepare for a car accident. They happen all of a sudden and can leave you shaken, injured, or even disabled. Accidents are usually traumatic events and they can have long-lasting consequences on your physical and psychological health. It is always good to have an experienced car accident lawyer on your side in the event of an accident. Even though prevention is better than cure, it is always good to have a few basic rules in mind to help cope with accidents once they happen.
Always wear a seatbelt and follow all road and driving rules. Concentrate on the road and do not do anything that would divert your attention from it. Tuning into your favorite radio station or checking a message that just buzzed on your phone is simply not worth a car accident. If you do end up in an accident, either because of your own fault or because of the negligence of another driver on the road, it is best to keep the following in mind:
- Always make sure you are okay and then check for anyone else who might have been hurt in the accident
- Call 911 immediately if medical assistance is needed on site
- Take pictures of the accident and your car
- Talk to any eyewitnesses who may have seen the accident, and jot down their contact information
- Fill in a police report
- Notify your insurance company about the accident
- Consult with an accident lawyer so that they can help you with post-accident legal and insurance steps as required
After an accident, you will likely be shaken, and you may even suffer from shock. Adrenaline can mask your injuries for a long time after an accident. You may even feel fine despite having sustained an injury that only shows up later. Such issues can cause complications in what you thought was a straightforward matter. Now, not only do you need to claim damages from the other driver (in case he or she caused the accident), but you should seek compensation for personal injury, as well.
Injuries in Car Accidents
Car accident injuries can sometimes be tricky to spot and can range from slight discomfort in a joint to severe pain. Some symptoms can appear days after your accident, especially if you have injured yourself internally. Here are some injuries to look out for:
- Burns and scars
- Back, neck, muscle, and bone injuries
- A sprained tendon, muscle, or ligament
- Knee, elbow, or wrist damage
- Damage to internal organs
Consider yourself lucky if you walk out without the need for hospitalization. Many people are not that lucky. Sometimes, complications can develop days later and that is why it is important you get medical help after an accident. Serious injuries can include spinal cord damage, brain trauma, amputations, or disfigurement.
How a Lawyer Can Help
We all have a daily routine – that exact time window in the morning when we get on the road to go to work, time spent at the gym after work, and time spent on recreational activities or relaxing. An out-of-service car can disrupt your routine and you will need a hand to get things back on track. This is where an experienced car accident lawyer can help you because he or she is there solely to look after your best interests.
Every year, thousands of people suffer fatal accidents, and accident figures are on the rise nationally. In fact, in 2016, 102 people lost their lives on our roads every day. An accident puts you out of work, so who will pay your bills while you recover from your accident-related injuries? Will you be able to cover your hospital expenses? What about regular home expenses, your mortgage, or utility bills? Do you have money saved for a rainy day?
Having a lawyer in your corner after an accident can really help your case afterward, whether you caused it or whether it was the fault of someone else. Don’t rush to sign up with any lawyer or settle for an offer from an insurance company. They will rush to low-ball you and you may be overwhelmed by the whole process, to begin with. Having an experienced lawyer will give you the peace of mind you need to confidently fight for your rightful compensation.
Many Americans do not have health insurance or disability insurance. This can create an additional burden on your ability to see through the entire accident episode. Our experienced attorneys know how to deal with hospitals, clinics, insurance companies, and law enforcement. Let us make this troubling time a little bit easier for you.
Our experienced team of legal lawyers and legal professionals can help you with:
- Proving damages so that you can actually claim compensation. This is not always straightforward, especially when you will have to prove that you sustained medical injuries
- Represent you in court
- Negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf. Insurance companies will often give a low offer hoping that desperate individuals take it and settle. A lawyer can help you fight for what you really are owed by assessing your entire situation holistically
- File your insurance claim. Sometimes this can be complicated when seeking damages from another party
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation of your accident. Interview witnesses, talk to the police and determine what the best course of action for your unique situation is
Contact Us Today
For a private, comprehensive, and free consultation of your unique case, contact our Hialeah team of car accident lawyers at 305-928-2909 today.